Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New plantings

Here we are, the end of February in Northern Calif.  Time for planting.  The lettuce is coming up next to the front door so the cold weather plants went into the garden yesterday.  I transplanted cabbages and peas and a few bean plants that had gotten too large for their peat pots.   The peas and cabbages seem to be happy....the beans, not so much. 
     Of course, the best laid plans.....it looks like it's gonna snow in the bay area for the first time in 20 years.  Really?  Right after I put the first plants out in a brand new garden?  I'm not sure that mother nature is on my side on this one.   Any other year, it would be the perfect time to plant.  But not this year.  So, tomorrow will be the day to look for some way to cover and warm the poor new transplants.   Wish me luck.

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment